1. a husband and wife team (photographer extraordinaire – hugh forte – and recipe/cooking/baking whiz – sara), sprouted kitchen is the perfect marriage b/w fresh, light, delicious food and inspirational food photography. just seconds on this blog make me feel like running to the market for fresh produce and to my camera to photograph it: sprouted kitchen.
2. based in brooklyn, sunday-suppers is foodies dream site. recipes, restaurant reviews, beautiful photography (by karen mordechai) and cooking classes! this site inspires me to try new recipes, take more interesting photos and to perfect my housewares collection :): sunday suppers.
3. the website associated with the print magazine by the same name, featuring restaurant recommendations, produce information, information on where to find specific ingredients you might be looking for, recipes, farmers markets and tasty events in and around the lovely lower mainland! check out the digital edition of the magazine: edible vancouver.
4. more gorgeous food photography, great local features, local ingredients and yummy fresh recipes. melissa (the bounty hunter) is a vancouverite and a nutritionist, on a quest to encourage and inspire local, sustainable, and most importantly – delicious – eating! great to see a local lady hunting for local food: the bounty hunter.
5. last, but not least, my husband’s blog. he is super keen on finding local, delicious, sustainable food and trying new and fun recipes to help us eat healthier and more sustainably. oh and beer. he looooooves beer. he loves to sample local micro- or craft breweries, and is always looking for his next favourite beer! he has lots of projects on the go at the moment (check out agropolis vancouver), but eating has always been his favourite thing to do :): the hungry architect.