after posting about some of my favourite stylish bloggers, i realized i haven’t ever posted about my favourite go-to wedding blogs that i visited daily during the wedding planning (and still visit pretty much every day)! i think i probably spent an extra hour on my computer every morning after checking my email and before starting work! heh oops, sorry Louise! i made countless digital inspiration boards using images and ideas from these blogs, SUCH great resources for wedding design and planning!
when i first started planning, i had a few blogs that were my faves and i found myself scouring paper/print magazines for ideas. as planning progressed, i kept discovering more and more fantastic blogs (linked from my original faves) that were packed with DIYs, flower arrangements, colour schemes, dresses, etc. i actually stopped buying print magazines (except for Martha of course – she’s still a must) and these wedding blogs became my primary source for inspiration!
so here they are, my favourite wedding blogs in no particular order:
1. ruffled blog: one of the first blogs i started following after i got engaged, ruffled is a fantastic mix of DIY, rustic, vintage and modern weddings and wedding ideas. we were lucky enough to be featured on the blog, thanks to amanda (the editor) and to the fabulous jamie for submitting us [oh and for taking those stunning photos that got us in ;)]
2. 100 layer cake: another bright, fresh, colourful wedding blog full of fun DIY ideas and links to great wedding resources!
3. grey likes weddings: a modern and chic blog edited by stylist summer watkins! [if you like her wedding blog, check out her other sites grey likes nesting for home and interior design inspiration, and grey likes baby for after the stylish wedding and decorated house ;)]
4. martha stewart weddings (of course): i guess really this is martha’s wedding website, not really a blog per se, but the epitome of fresh and classic, mixed with modern DIY and great food, drink and style suggestions! a must!
5. lovely: a blog run by the owners of lovely bridal boutique in new york. their blog is packed with beautiful dresses and accessory ideas (they sell the designers of my dress and hairpiece – sarah seven and myra’s twigs&honey)!
6. hi-fi weddings: one of the raddest of my new favourites, i unfortunately didn’t come across this gem until after the wedding! our photographer and her brother tipped me off to this one! i love their angle of featuring the special music chosen and played at weddings! ryan and i spent a lot of time choosing our favourite songs because of how important music is to us. we wanted the whole wedding to be a reflection of our personalities, and what better way than with music? stay “tuned” (ok another thing that i should have added to the “7 facts about me” i LOVE cheesy puns and dad jokes!) for a feature of our wedding on this awesome site!!! fingers crossed!
7. once wed: another one of my original faves, once wed has a great “used wedding dress” marketplace where brides can post and sell their “used” wedding gowns! i actually found a past season carolina herrera for sale (that was at the time no longer available for purchase, plus i couldn’t afford the actual retail price either) that i’d snipped out of a real wedding feature in a martha stewart weddings magazine!! it was WAY cheaper, but too big for me and slightly damaged. i was DYING to wear one of sarah seven‘s creations, but it was still really neat to see what a resource it was! a stylish option for bargain wedding dress hunting! (“polka-dot” dress i was obsessed with pictured here.)
8. the sweetest occasion: a cute blog dedicated to pretty parties! lots of great design ideas for birthdays, showers, and of course, weddings!
9. style me pretty: another one of my original faves, the hub for elegant, upscale, gorgeous weddings, with some rustic, modern and cozy weddings mixed in!
10. green wedding shoes: another blog i didn’t find until after the wedding, when they featured 2 of jamie’s photos of us in their story “pretty pretty parasols“. more great features of indie, modern, vintage and DIY weddings!
11. utterly engaged: a neat online wedding magazine. beautiful, full-page editorial features of dresses, accessories and real weddings, definitely helped me know 100% that i had to wear sarah seven after this feature on eco-designers: see here.
12. la belle bride: super cool canadian owned and edited wedding blog (edited by chantale montgomery)! i love her tuesday “dudes day” where chantale’s husband posts about great men’s wedding style and tips!
phewf! that was a wordy one! and definitely doesn’t include ALL of the blogs and websites that i used for sources of inspiration, tips, and DIY ideas!