today is my moving day! fingers crossed i can get everything packed and cleaned! farewell Victoria!
my parents came for a visit and to see me convocate, and we got to spend some time with our friends, and my “victoria parents”, ted and dana. we had dinners, lunch at the Dutch Bakery and did some intertidalling at trafalgar park! (yay leopard nudibranchs and stalked medusae!) we also all went out to witty’s lagoon for a walk and a picnic! yum!
1. glasses by kio yamato style KP-083; 2. jacket from the gap (2002), 3. tank from club monaco, 4. ashley watson recycled leather warbler purse (gift from erin p.), 5. american apparel long accordion-pleat skirt in almondine, 6. steve madden seeri patent flat t-strap sandal (2009).
(this is my first outfit post – be kind, i’m a little nervous) i first laid eyes on this amazing pleated skirt on an inspiring fashion blog called “giia’s tonic” in her post “pleated in the wind“, and i assumed i could not possibly afford something this beautiful! she pairs it with another, shorter pleated skirt (LOOVE it) and her leather jacket – i love LOVE the combination, i’ll have to try it too! as soon as i saw the skirt, it reminded me of a mushroom coral i’d photographed at the vancouver aquarium a few years ago! how the coral moved in the water, how the skirt rippled and flowed… siiigh biology and fashion!
i was happy to find out the skirt was from american apparel!! i’m a bit strapped for cash atm, but for a unique piece like this, i couldn’t pass it up! it is SO comfortable, soft, airy, fun to twirl, and can be dressed up or down. i want one in every colour! thanks to ryan for my outfit shots!
(screenshots from their respective linked websites.) this week, these links have me daydreaming about my upcoming move to vancouver – new apartment, new city, fresh start!
1. even though ry and i still can’t get a dog, and rohe is rubbish on a leash, i loooove these fabric leashes and collars by “found my animal” (some are even made from recycled materials). i think they are a stylish, modern way of accessorizing your pet: found my animal.
2. i’ve been decorating with more ornate, vintage and colourful pieces for a while now, and i’m really thinking i’d like to move towards a more neutral, modern palette. i’ve been surfing “mammoth” for few years now, and i love SO much of what they showcase! created by a duo of british columbians, “the mammoth collection” showcases local and international artists, and offer a selection of their prints for sale at an affordable price (which is fantastic b/c even students love to collect art!): the mammoth collection.
3. a SUPER cool/badass/science store that i came across during my wedding hunting – but unfortunately i could not order items that i wanted since due to their biological nature, they could not be shipped across the border they DO have a store in new york city, so i miiight just have to add it to my already lengthy list of amazing shopping i have to do once i’m lucky enough to visit NYC. i think a few skulls and fossils around the apartment to add to my seashell and bee collection would be pretty rad: the evolution store.
4. another rad housewares site that i came across while looking for vintage pieces for our weddings, the old faithful shop is located in…… VANCOUVER! YES! i can’t believe ryan and i haven’t been to this store yet! it will have to be one of our first shopping trips once we move! featuring clean, classic, streamlined housewares, i think it works perfectly with our hope to transition to a neutral, fresh palette: old faithful shop.5. i’ve been browsing this housewares store for a few years now, and i have a list of wants that i never seem to get tired of daydreaming about. owner and curator laura aviva literally shops the world for beautiful housewares and decor, my personal fave, the cameroonian juju hat: l’aviva home.
screenshot from video, video source: albin holmqvist on vimeo. i looooove these commercials for the EF international language centers (directed by gustav johnasson, director of photography niklas johansson), the videos show commonly used words and phrases in the cities of “beijing”, “barcelona”, “london” and “paris” and the videos can be seen on either albin holmqvist’s vimeo channel or ef language centers vimeo channel! my favourite is the video made for “paris”, siiiigh definitely makes me long to traveling overseas again!
thank you so so much to michelle for the gorgeous champagne flutes and to rob and jeri (and chester, belle and kilo) for the BEAUTIFUL basket of chocolates and moët champagne!!! ryan and i will have to celebrate my convocation, his birthday AND our new apartment with your gifts! thank you!
photos by me, ryan and mom. well, i went to convocation on wednesday, i was a little reluctant to go, but ryan and mom and dad convinced me to. i’m glad i did, it does help to give some closure to the time i have spent here (which hasn’t always been easy). i couldn’t have done it w/out my family and friends who have helped me along the way during my nearly 4 years here in victoria. many thanks to you all who have kept me going in one way or another!
two posts today! it is my handsome husbands birthday today and i will see him tonight! he’s coming over from vancouver for my convocation tomorrow! we have been through a lot in our 4.5 years together (bottom photo was from our second date at crescent beach), but we will be together soon and i can’t wait! happy birthday bubs!
images from their respective linked sites.
1. 1154 lill studio “taylor” ipad case in “carrot cake”, 2. baxter of california “super close shave formula” cream and edwin jagger “best badger shave brush” in faux ivory and parker ”90R” safety razor, all available at momentum grooming, 3. the complete sherlock holmes box set, 4. models of aston martin and rolls royce driven by sean connery as 007, 5. lush “grass” shower gel, 6. j.crew “workwear cotton madras” tie.
[screenshot from video, video source: metricmusic on youtube (a short film by deco dawson)]
i looooooove metric and this song instantly energizes me…